Re: KDE/Konqeror - mounting NFS export hangs Konquerer and K-MenuI

Hello Kevin,

no, it does'nt need to connect over a DNS server, its running on a small home
LAN.  I noticed that my lo interface wasnn't active after cobaco suggested
looking at that.  Once I had fixed that in /etc/network/interfaces I could
use KDE again.

Since I can only mount the NFS export using an ip address for my server
(athlon), I was looking around in the various network configuration HOWTOs
but couldn't really figure out how to get hostnames resolved on my LAN.  I
have a router which can tell me what devices are attached and what their
hostnames and ip addresses are, so isn't there some way that mount can access
that information to resolve the hostname ips?  Anyway, the real problem with
KDE has been solved.

Thanks,

Chris