Re: KDE/Konqeror - mounting NFS export hangs Konquerer and K-MenuI

On Friday 07 January 2005 16:47, C. Hurschler wrote:

> Sorry, but I don't know what you mean by "can the hostname be resolved
> by /etc/hosts".

I meant "can the IP address associated with the hostname be resolved locally
or does the machine have to contact a DNS server"

> I don't have any hosts listed in /ets/hosts on the server, just what was
> there by default:
>
> 127.0.0.1       localhost       athlon

If athlon is your hostname everything in here is how it should be.
Sometimes there is only "localhost" for 127.0.0.1 not the hostname as well,
which can create problems when some network interface is not up (assuming
that lo is always up).

Cheers,
Kevin