Re: does kmail in kde 3.2 fully support procmail?

On Saturday 03 April 2004 20:20, Jeff Coppock wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 18:44:41 +0200

Hi,

> Hendrik Sattler <ubq7@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
> > Am Saturday 03 April 2004 12:00 schrieb Mauro Darida:
> > > I was a fan of kmail but left it for mutt since it does not work
> > > well with procmail

> <snip>

> Just outta curiosity, what do you need from Procmail that the Kmail
> fitering can't provide?

for starters, case insensitive match, if you need it. For other more advanced
things see 'man procmailrc' and 'man procmailex'.

Another thing is the more user friendly configuration of procmail. To setup
filters with GUI-dialogs is no fun.

Last but not least is procmail one example of the well known unix philosophy.
IIRC 'One (excellent) tool for one job'. Because of that, k3b uses
cdrecord/cdrdao instead of implementing own burning code.

Regards
Georg Sauthoff