Re: does kmail in kde 3.2 fully support procmail?

On Saturday 03 April 2004 21:21, Georg Sauthoff wrote:
> On Saturday 03 April 2004 20:20, Jeff Coppock wrote:
> > On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 18:44:41 +0200
>
> Hi,
>
> > Hendrik Sattler <ubq7@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > Just outta curiosity, what do you need from Procmail that the Kmail
> > fitering can't provide?
>
> for starters, case insensitive match, if you need it. For other more
> advanced things see 'man procmailrc' and 'man procmailex'.

Use regular expression in KMail.

> Another thing is the more user friendly configuration of procmail. To setup
> filters with GUI-dialogs is no fun.

I agree 100% in that. We should really start a wish-item for text-file
configured filtering in Kmail and vote for it.

> Last but not least is procmail one example of the well known unix
> philosophy. IIRC 'One (excellent) tool for one job'. Because of that, k3b
> uses cdrecord/cdrdao instead of implementing own burning code.

And because of it k3b is always slightly wrong and acts wierdly. In reality
k3b uses cdr-tools because there currently are no good libraries for burning.

`Allan