Re: Again: Delays starting KDE apps after upgrade 3.1.3 => 3.1.4

On Friday 19 September 2003 12:16, Frank Mehnert wrote:

> But I expect some improvement if I can someday move to Sarge (I'm waiting
> for it claimed as stable) which uses a more recent gcc than gcc-2.95. Hmm

You are in for a treat. Especially if you use multimedia stuff like sound and
video.

After moving to gcc3.2 I have had a 20%-30% decrease in cpu usage on xine
depending on the codec.

Anders

--
This email was generated using KMail from KDE 3.1.3 on Debian GNU/Linux