Re: Again: Delays starting KDE apps after upgrade 3.1.3 => 3.1.4

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 01:41:22AM +0200, Anders Ellenshøj Andersen wrote:
> On Thursday 18 September 2003 23:29, Doug Holland wrote:
>
> > 2. /tmp/.ICE-unix/ missing or has wrong owner/group/permissions.  To fix,
> > execute following commands as root.
> > mkdir /tmp/.ICE-unix
> > chown root.root /tmp/.ICE-unix
> > chmod 1777 /tmp/.ICE-unix
>
> In sid, this directory is created at user login with the users username and
> users group, but with the same permissions as stated.
>
> I have tried creating these files as root in an init script which get executed
> on boot, and it doesn't make any difference in speed on my system. Not any
> that I can notice anyway.

You'll notice the effect when you logout/login. With .ICE-unix chown root:root it
takes here ~ 1 sec until KDE session is up and 2-3 sec until all KDE
apps are restored.  With .ICE-unix owned by a normal user the second
login takes 3-4 times longer.

Achim