Re: Ownership of /tmp/.ICE-unix and KDE speed

On Friday 19 September 2003 09:23, Achim Bohnet wrote:

> You'll notice the effect when you logout/login. With .ICE-unix chown
> root:root it takes here ~ 1 sec until KDE session is up and 2-3 sec until
> all KDE apps are restored.  With .ICE-unix owned by a normal user the
> second login takes 3-4 times longer.

No matter what the ownership of that file is I get nowhere near that speed. On
my ASUS A1300 with 650MHz celeron and 300MB SDRAM, KDE starts up in around
10-15 seconds on cold boot. It's a bit faster on relogin at somewhere under
10 seconds. So 1 second to start the KDE session sounds absolutely incredible
to me.

But the ownership of /etc/.ICE-unix doesn't make any difference at all to
this, not here anyway.

Anders

--
This email was generated using KMail from KDE 3.1.3 on Debian GNU/Linux