Re: Debian KDE 3 packages using a different kde_htmldir

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 08:41:00AM +0200, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> "tell your users to use the option to ./configure", you mean, I
> guess, which is why I don't like this option too much..
>
> Do you think there is any way to make ./configure auto-detect this ?
> Could perhaps debianrules get another output target that would be
> usable in a shell, and ./configure could source this if it detects
> it's on a debian system ?

The best solution that I can come up with is fix the things in my other
email I just sent to the list and also change the documentation dir
default and config dir default to something saner. ;)  Hint
/usr/share/config is a FHS violation... Otherwise have kde-config
provide all paths that are used so that the configure scripts can find
the right location. Actually doing both of the above might be a good
idea.

Chris

FHS 2.1

4.  The /usr Hierarchy

/usr is the second major section of the filesystem.  /usr is shareable,
read-only data.  That means that /usr should be shareable between
various hosts running FHS-compliant and should not be written to. **Any
information that is host-specific or varies with time is stored
elsewhere.**