Re: Debian KDE 3 packages using a different kde_htmldir

Daniel Stone writes:

  Daniel> On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 08:09:11PM +0100, David Pye wrote:
  >> While perhaps related to debian, and packaging, I'd like to add
  >> that third party KDE-based apps also seem unable to locate other
  >> files, such as .ui files, which locate themselves in
  >> /usr/local/kde/share/apps/<appname>.
  >>
  >> Even though compiled locally, the apps themselves can't then find
  >> these files. I had to move these to my own
  >> ~/.kde/share/apps/<appname> as the other one doesn't appear to be
  >> searched properly.
  >>
  >> (JuK, for those interested, is broken if compiled on Debian with
  >> these packages, and segfaults when trying to play ANYTHING, until
  >> I fixed it as described above)

  Daniel> *sigh*, this isn't anything to do with the packages. export
  Daniel> KDEDIRS=/usr:/usr/local. KDE has no clue that you've
  Daniel> installed JuK to /usr/local, so you're going to have to tell
  Daniel> it, if you decide to split your KDE installation over two
  Daniel> prefixes.

Hmm..  rereading your email, why can't the packages just set
KDEDIRS ( or the corresponding option ) to
"/usr/:/usr/local:/usr/local/kde", so that users won't have to deal
with problems like the above ?
cheers
domi

--
Your depth of comprehension may tend to make you lax in worldly ways.