Re: Debian KDE 3 packages using a different kde_htmldir

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 08:09:11PM +0100, David Pye wrote:
> While perhaps related to debian, and packaging, I'd like to add that third
> party KDE-based apps also seem unable to locate other files, such as .ui
> files, which locate themselves in /usr/local/kde/share/apps/<appname>.
>
>  Even though compiled locally, the apps themselves can't then find these
> files. I had to move these to my own ~/.kde/share/apps/<appname> as the other
> one doesn't appear to be searched properly.
>
> (JuK, for those interested, is broken if compiled on Debian with these
> packages, and segfaults when trying to play ANYTHING, until I fixed it as
> described above)

*sigh*, this isn't anything to do with the packages. export
KDEDIRS=/usr:/usr/local. KDE has no clue that you've installed JuK to
/usr/local, so you're going to have to tell it, if you decide to split
your KDE installation over two prefixes.

--
Daniel Stone 	     <daniel@raging.dropbear.id.au>             <dstone@kde.org>
KDE: Konquering a desktop near you - http://www.kde.org