Re: Odd pauses with KDE 3

On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 12:14, Craig Dickson wrote:

> I have the feeling that this problem is ultimately some sort of odd
> locking problem. It might be in Konqueror itself (though why, then, does
> the whole system seem to freeze?), or in glibc, or the X server, or even
> the kernel (though why, then, does only Konqueror cause it?). Funny.

I'm pretty sure its konqueror itself.

I recall one user reported having these similar problems and finally it
turned out he couldn't ping his localhost because there was no lo up.
Maybe you could look into that.  Failing that maybe try running "strace
konqueror" from a command line and watching the last few lines before it
locks up.  You also could try backing up your ~/.kde to ~/.kde-old,
starting fresh and seeing if that seems to fix things.

-James