Re: Odd pauses with KDE 3

On April 30, 2003 01:29 pm, Craig Dickson wrote:

> Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this, or suggestions for
> things I should check? This problem does not occur under Gnome 2 or in
> other non-KDE environments, even on the same machine.

Try running fc-cache as root.  This has been known to cause slow downs if your
fontconfig cache is out of date.  Also check your version of libstdc++5 , if
it's pre6, there are known recent errors and you may have to revert to pre5
or wait for your mirror to get pre7 (which should be within 24 hours)

HTH,
James