Re: ~/.Xdefaults not working ???

Michael D. Schleif wrote:

>    *background:               white
>    *foreground:               black

> When I open mutt it
> is white on black.

Mutt is not an X program, it knows nothing about X resources.

see section 3.7 of /usr/share/doc/mutt/manual.txt.gz for instructions
on setting mutt's colors.

> Only when I do this, is change affected:
>
>    xrdb -load ~/.Xresources
>
> Then, XTerm (Unicode) is white on black (not that I want this effect),
> and mutt is black on white (which I _do_ want).

I did not witness this behavior with the commands and .Xresources you
provided, although I am running unstable which has different versions of
all of the programs involved.