Re: ~/.Xdefaults not working ???
- To: debian-kde mailing list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: ~/.Xdefaults not working ???
- From: Eric Christopherson <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 20:38:00 -0500
- Message-id: <20030805013800.GA18194@localhost>
- Mail-followup-to: Eric Christopherson <firstname.lastname@example.org>, debian-kde mailing list <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20030804020016.GA22556@Bragi.private.network>
- References: <20030804020016.GA22556@Bragi.private.network>
On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 09:00:16PM -0500, Michael D. Schleif wrote:
> ~/.Xdefaults is *NOT* used on my woody/kde3 boxen, unless I invoke it
> xrdb -load ~/.Xdefaults
> What am I missing?
> Is there some other, kde-way to do this?
> What do you think?
It looks (according to man X) like you need to name it .Xdefaults-hostname
now (substitute your actual hostname, of course).
I seem to remember reading somewhere that you aren't actually supposed to
use xrdb with app-defaults files, only with resource files... but I can't
seem to find now where I read that.
Furrfu! r a k k o at c h a r t e r dot n e t