Re: Konqueror 3.1.2 problem with JavaScript (FIXED!)

> > The wierd thing for me is that this all worked with Konq 3.1.1. Is there
> > something else I could've changed to affect this?
>
> Uh-oh - now that you mention it, I find my Javascript isn't working
> anymore either.  I looked in .xsession-errors and found out that the
> Javascript library is having trouble:
>
> kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: library=kjs_html:
> file=/usr/lib/kde3/kjs_html.la: libpcreposix.so.3: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
>
> A recent system update I made must have screwed it up.  I made a
> temporary fix by symbolically linking libpcre.so.3 to
> libpcreposix.so.3.  Now Javascript works again and I can now even get
> the initial login screen on "https://tb2.raiffeisendirect.ch/";.

Ha! That's it. It seems that the libpcre3 package doesn't make the posix
version on PPC (and others). Making the link you suggest patches the problem.
I filed a bug against libpcre3.

Now looking in .xsession-errors,  I also see this error:

kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4: undefined
symbol: PKCS7_content_free
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4: undefined
symbol: OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms

And other similar errors, though the symbol names are different.

Any ideas?

Frank