Re: KDE 3.1.1 (Cheney's debs), kio_smb "internal error", wants me to report a bug, but...

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 11:10:53PM +0100, Anders Ellensh?j Andersen scrawled:
> However I experience several inconviniences (bugs):
>
> Most files get the executable flag set even though they are just data files
> like pictures or music.

Yeah, Windows has no concept of the executable bit. Try mounting a vfat
filesystem some day - everything's executable. It's a limitation, not a
bug, and there's nothing we can do about it.

> > so I'm hoping someone here might tell me what I can try next, how to gather
> > any more information that could be useful, ...?
>
> Did you remember to reboot after installing libsmbclient (or at least log out
> and in again). That matters.
>
> Anyway smb browsing seems to have a very low priority in the kde project,
> which I think is sad because for me it is an essential feature.

Hard to find developers who use it. You can't really write/maintain
something you don't ever use.

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone@trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne