KDE 3.1 and emacs/Xemacs

Hi,

I just moved from 3.04 to 3.1 (under Debian woody) and must say I'm
positively impressed.

But, there is a big problem I seem to have every time I move to a new
KDE version.

KDE doesn't heed my geometry settings for emacs and Xemacs. It is very
annoying: I have geometry settings which would make emacs and Xemacs
fill the whole screen, but both start under KDE 3.1 around two lines
smaller than windows size. For Xemacs the situation is even worse: It
first starts 2 lines to small but then it is further reduced in size
for about 10 lines!

What I tried, all with no avail:

- I asked for some more lines in my geometry settings in .Xresources.

- I removed Emacs.ad out of /usr/share/apps/kdisplay/app-defaults.

- I made sure to have "Apply colors to non-KDE applications"

Is there anything else I could do? Is there some better place to ask
this question?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Andreas Goesele