Re: icons on the desktop

You cannot drag those icons from your ~/.kde/share/applnk directory
because the KMenu icons are actually stored in more than one place.
Some are in /etc, others are in /var. But you don't need to use
Konqueror to create shortcuts to menu items. Just simply navigate in
the K Menu to the program you want and then drag it over to the
desktop.