Re: How Do I Burn CDs?

On Monday 03 March 2003 04:13 pm, Jean-Michel Kelbert wrote:
> Le 03/03/03 à 13:14 Andreas Bauer (andy@bauer-oe.de) écrivait :
> > k3b rules
> >
> > Someone wanted to make a package for unstable. So wait a week or so.
>
> I wanted to package it for unstable, but I have made a first package.
> But I don't think that k3b rules. The wizard sucks ! It made change on
> devices and program permission. I think this is a bad idea. k3b also

Well, broken permissions are the #1 problem people have with cd burning on
linux, bar none.  Relying upon distributions to make this
easy/simple/actually work has not been successful in the past, so the app
authors end up working around this.  k3b is *not* the only cd burning prog to
do this, iirc, cdbakeoven does the same thing.

> provide a configuration file that is note in /etc/. I askded the
> upstream where I could change this. They doesn't want to answer me ! I
> find where this could be changed, but when you see what upstream say
> about the suse packager, this doesn't motivate me to package it !

I know nothing about this, thus can't comment.

> So I think that I will close my ITP and let someone else package it.

You won't find me complaining about what you do or do not do in your spare
time*, even when I really, really, want the app you are packaging.  Good luck
in whatever your endevours take you to next :-)

*other email sent 5 minutes ago to the contrary, as I simply said what Chris
could do to stop whing, not demanded that he do it
--
"Yousa steala precious from meesa!" - Jar-Jaromir

D.A.Bishop