Re: Where is kdenetwork, where is Chris?

> First of all, if you are running sid then you should be competent enough to
> READ THE MAILING LIST (or list archives) and FIGURE OUT that kdenetwork et
> cetera is at:
>
> deb http://people.debian.org/~ccheney/kde-other/ ./

Unfortunetly, not "etcetera".  I.e., specifically it is missing all of kdepim,
and (I think) some of kdenetwork.

> I would suggest you use a distribution, like woody, that isn't in rapid
> development and does not require going to the archives or Google to have it
> work. Sid is not meant for people, like you, who want to have things work
> out of the box.

No amount of reading the list of googling would have given the answer to the
question he asked, which was, "when is the rest of kde going into sid?".
Actually, he showed the ability to search archives when he looked up the
rebuttal to this.  It hasn't been discussed over and over *by the people who
can answer his question*.  Chris hasn't posted to this mailing list in almost
three weeks.  IIRC, his last email or so was regarding the rest of kde being
help up by a bad qt, which, unless I'm mistaken, has been fixed for a while
now.  So the perfectly valid question, posed in a perfectly valid
non-demanding way, is: what's the holdup?  Much of the antsiness of people
around here could be settled by simple 3-line status updates by the relevant
parties.

> Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I'm just in a irritated mood with topics
> that have been discussed OVER and OVER and OVER again. :)

Nobody can stop newbies from signing up to the list and asking the same
questions over and over again, with no regard for the list archives (why
doesn't my sound work would be a good example of that), but this isn't that
email.

--
"Yousa steala precious from meesa!" - Jar-Jaromir

D.A.Bishop