Re: Where is kdenetwork, where is Chris?

On Monday 03 March 2003 01:52 pm, Felix Homann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> once again the question: Why has kdenetwork still not made it into Sid?
>
> I think this has been discussed the last time on February 23. No answer has
> been given...
>
> Chris Cheney hasn't shown up on this list since February 16. Is he
> suffering some illness? Is he in trouble with kdenetwork? Is there anything
> we/I can do to help? Is he still involved in KDE packaging?
>
> ...or should I have sticked to Woody with Ralf Nolden's excellent *and
> complete* packages???
>
> A short note on kdenetwork's status, hows and whys would be highly
> appreciated!

First of all, if you are running sid then you should be competent enough to
READ THE MAILING LIST (or list archives) and FIGURE OUT that kdenetwork et
cetera is at:

deb http://people.debian.org/~ccheney/kde-other/ ./

I would suggest you use a distribution, like woody, that isn't in rapid
development and does not require going to the archives or Google to have it
work. Sid is not meant for people, like you, who want to have things work out
of the box.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I'm just in a irritated mood with topics that
have been discussed OVER and OVER and OVER again. :)

--
Scott C. Linnenbringer
finger sl at eskimo.com