Re: quick question (shot in the dark)

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 06:43:42AM -0500, John Magrini wrote:
> when i switch back to my debian box, my mouse movements are all scrambled,
> the mouse driver basically eats it. the fix is to switch to a console and
> then back again, i suppose this resets the driver. Now, can KDE reset the
> driver at all, or is this compleatly X and kde has no power to do this.
> this is just a frustrating problem, not vital but if someone has an answer it
> would be greatly appreciated.

The only thing I can think of is are you using a PS/2 or a USB
interface for your mouse?  PS/2 is not designed to hot-plug (which I
think is how KVM switches work), so maybe it just gets confused.  Have
you tried using it as a USB mouse?  I have the same mouse, and it
works fine, with both GPM and X (using raw-repeating).

As an aside, I think I blew my PS/2 mouse port from hot-plugging my
mouse one to many times...fortunately, this was just after working USB
[mouse] support entered the 2.2 kernels (I think...), so I just
dropped the USB->PS/2 converter dongle.

Anyhow, I hope you figure it out.

-rob