quick question (shot in the dark)

im not sure if kde can do anything about this, but it doesnt hurt to ask.
i have already asked on the Xfree mailing lists and the advice they gave me
was that the driver needs to be coded better.

situation:
im using a KVM to switch between debian and windows, im running sid with the
latest kde 2.X. my mouse is the micro$oft intellimouse explorer, X is setup
fine using the correct /dev/ device and the right protocal. buttons are setup
fine.
problem:
when i switch back to my debian box, my mouse movements are all scrambled,
the mouse driver basically eats it. the fix is to switch to a console and
then back again, i suppose this resets the driver. Now, can KDE reset the
driver at all, or is this compleatly X and kde has no power to do this.
this is just a frustrating problem, not vital but if someone has an answer it
would be greatly appreciated.
as a sidenote, when i switch to my win2k box, i get a sharp: 10-15 lines
scrolldown, then everything is fine. i suppose it resets itself after that.

just a shot in the dark to see if kde can control this,
thanks
John