Re: What WYSIWYG HTML creators/editors run on KDE?

On Wednesday 24 October 2001 19:32, tluxt wrote:
> --- "Ruegsegger, Ted" <Ted.Ruegsegger@DynCorp.com> wrote:
> > On the other hand, some of us favor Amaya (http://www.w3c.org).
> > If you want a more recent version than what's supplied for
> > Potato, I can give you the package I built for version 4.3.2.
> I'd very much appreciate that.  Thank you.  :)  Perhaps you could
> put it on a www site, so people other than myself who see your
> message could try it also.

Good idea. Here it is:

> I am running, I guess, unstable.  (It's a basic Potato upgraded to
> testing then to unstable.)  Is the version you built compatible
> with that?

I'm not sure, but if you're using unstable, why not get the unstable
package? I believe I got the sources for this package from testing.
You should be able to get at least this version, if not a more recent
one, from testing or unstable.

My problem was that those packages wouldn't install with plain old
stable, so I had to recompile.

If you decide to install this one, I'd be grateful if you'd tell me
whether it installs successfully with unstable.

The fundamentalist seeks to bring down a great deal more than
buildings. Such people are against, to offer just a brief list,
freedom of speech, a multi-party political system, universal adult
suffrage, accountable government, Jews, homosexuals, women's rights,
pluralism, secularism, short skirts, dancing, beardlessness,
evolution theory, sex. These are tyrants, not Muslims.
Suicidist assassins ram wide-bodied aircraft into the World Trade
Center and Pentagon and kill thousands of people: um, I'm against
that. But what are we for? What will we risk our lives to defend? Can
we unanimously concur that all the items in the above list -- yes,
even the short skirts and dancing -- are worth dying for?

Salman Rushdie, Fighting the Forces of Invisibility,
Tuesday, October 2, 2001

Theodore B. Ruegsegger
Director, Free Software Lab
DynCorp Information Systems