Re: Finally get to see what KDE2.2 looks like?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Finally get to see what KDE2.2 looks like?
- From: Bud Rogers <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 07:42:29 -0500
- Message-id: <E15vHw3-0000wF-00@twocups>
- In-reply-to: <01102113181800.00574@progeny>
- References: <20011021051942.ECBE3504.tomts19-srv.bellnexxia.net@there> <01102113181800.00574@progeny>
On Sunday 21 October 2001 07:18 am, John Gay wrote:
> My main reason for the upgrade, besides the death of Progeny, is to see
> KDE2.2. Since this is not in woody yet, I'm not sure if I'm going to chance
> installing the Sid packages or just wait for it to hit testing.
FWIW, I tracked unstable for a couple of months to get a look at KDE 2.2. I
had very few surprises, and none of them show-stoppers. Unstable was a lot
more stable than some people make it sound and Ivan's packages, with a few
notable exceptions, just worked. YMMV of course.
I have since changed apt preferences to track woody without downgrading what
I have from unstable. I figure by the time woody goes stable it will mostly
have caught up with where I am. I'm quite happy with what I have here. KDE
2.2 rocks. Thanks to the KDE folk who make it possible, and thanks to Ivan
for making debs that are as solid as the rest of debian.
Bud Rogers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
They have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve.