Re: kpackage-2.1.1-2 crashes with sig 11
- To: Ben Burton <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: kpackage-2.1.1-2 crashes with sig 11
- From: mikepolniak <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 08:31:11 -0400
- Message-id: <01051808311100.00310@debian>
- In-reply-to: <01051716260200.00551@emerald>
- References: <01051617561101.00327@debian> <01051723020700.00417@omega> <01051716260200.00551@emerald>
On Thursday 17 May 2001 17:26, Ben Burton wrote:
> > > > kpackage. But kpackage fails to start from icon or cmd line.
> > > > Everything
> > I've had this on my system too. It was gone after apt-get install rpm...
> Hi Mike.. someone else has had the same problem that was solved by
> installing package rpm (thanks Andre!). Could you please test this also -
> install package rpm - and if everything works we can let Ivan know that his
> Recommends: rpm needs to be a Depends:.
I tested this on one of my Debian systems and removing rpm caused the crash
of kpackage.After reinstalling rpm , kpackage started up fine. So it appears
that with Debian, rpm is a Depends.