It's getting even uglier

Okay, so I try to install kde2 onto Potato by dselect, select everything to
do with kde, it appears to install (except for some reason libssh096 is
currently not available on non-us), but startx kde2 does not do more than
start an X screen with a single terminal in the corner and some unstable
cursor control.

If someone can suggest how to overcome this, it would save me from the wrath
of my girlfriend, whose system is disabled because of this (she wanted
Konqueror). The last couple of Potato-KDE2 installs I did went so damn
smoothly....

Whit