Re: What I need for my kids

    AS> what I meant was how are you using it for your kids? launching
    AS> games? tv shows? how do the kids use it?

Just picture viewing for my 2 years old child, that's enough now.  I
made the picture files and directories read-only so that they can't be
deleted accidentally.  The worst thing that can happen (except of
crashing Freevo which is just a Freevo bug) is exiting the application
but that doesn't happen too often.  Rotating and zooming the pictures is
possible but that's no problem.

The setup works well.  It's possible to teach the child how to move to
the next or previous picture by mapping the functionality to an easy key
such as Space.  The child just starts to recognize there are keys with
different functionality and to understand functionality of keys such as
Enter or Escape.  He even begins to understand that some keys may cause
unwanted effects -- suddenly he started to ask me "can I hit this key?".
Another learning concept is looking for certain images by moving over
their thumbnails with arrow keys and understanding different arrow
directions.

Picture viewing has the advantage the computer is used as a useful tool.
He likes to identify and discuss various objects on the pictures such as
animals, people, colors or various parts of trains.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
http://www.zamazal.org