Re: wanting to join the java team

On 13 July 2017 at 20:59, Markus Koschany <apo@debian.org> wrote:
> Am 11.07.2017 um 18:57 schrieb Carnë Draug:
> [...]
>> Ok.  I finished my first java package for debian and uploaded it to
>> debian mentors [3].  Could someone take a look at it?  That page says
>> that the watch file does not work but that is because I am using
>> version 4 of the format.  I have also put the git repository used for
>> the build online [4].
>
> The package looks good to me if you fix the following:
>
> debian/control: Standards-Version is 4.0.0 now.
>
> debian/copyright: It is recommended to use the secure https:// link
>
> Lintian doesn't like the short description of your -doc package.
>
> Java·library·for·one·dimensional·arrays·up·to·2^63·elements
>
> I suggest to change the short description simply to
>
> Documentation of libjlargearrays-java
>
> which is in line with most Maven packages.

The problem with the sort description was that I was running emacs
remotely inside screen.  When I copied paste that sentence, it came
with the character that emacs uses to show whitespace.

> Lintian is a valuable tool to spot these kind of issues. I recommend to
> use the following configuration options in ~/.config/lintian/lintianrc
>
> info=yes
> display-info=yes
> display-experimental=yes
> pedantic=yes
> show-overrides=yes
> color=auto
> verbose=yes

I did use lintian with:

  lintian --pedantic -i -I -E --show-overrides \
    ../libjlargearrays-java_1.6-1_source.changes

but all it complained about was not using gpg signature for the watch
file.  I guess the lintian checks are different on sid (I'm running
stretch)?

I will fix those issues.  Should I then use debian.mentors again?  On
the perl team, changing the distribution to unstable moves them to
"Ready for Upload" queue in the team PET and that's how one would
request review and upload.

Carnë