Re: wanting to join the java team

On 10 July 2017 at 16:47, Markus Koschany <apo@debian.org> wrote:
> Forgot to CC the list.
>
> Hello Carnë,
>
> welcome to the list. Please consider to subscribe!
>
> Am 10.07.2017 um 16:41 schrieb Carnë Draug:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am interested joining the Debian java team and package a series of
>> java applications.  The long term goal is to package bioformats [1]
>> and OMERO [2] altough I will start by packaging their dependencies.
>
> Links are missing. :)

Ups.  Here they are:

[1] http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/products/bio-formats
[2] http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/products/omero

>> I have an alioth account carandraug-guest.  Could I be added to the
>> team please?
>
> I suggest that you start with packaging your libraries and upload them
> to Debian Mentors [1] where they can be reviewed by us. Just post your
> questions on this list, if you need help. In a final step, when
> everything looks ready to upload, we can grant you access to pkg-java.
> By the way there is also the Debian Science team that focuses on
> packaging bioinformatics apps among others.
>
> Regards,
>
> Markus
>
> [1] https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

Ok.  I finished my first java package for debian and uploaded it to
debian mentors [3].  Could someone take a look at it?  That page says
that the watch file does not work but that is because I am using
version 4 of the format.  I have also put the git repository used for
the build online [4].

Thank you
Carnë

[3] https://mentors.debian.net/package/libjlargearrays-java