Re: wanting to join the java team

Forgot to CC the list.

Hello Carnë,

welcome to the list. Please consider to subscribe!

Am 10.07.2017 um 16:41 schrieb Carnë Draug:
> Hi
>
> I am interested joining the Debian java team and package a series of
> java applications.  The long term goal is to package bioformats [1]
> and OMERO [2] altough I will start by packaging their dependencies.

Links are missing. :)

> I have packaged a series of perl distributions before with the perl
> team so while new to packaging java libraries, I am not completely new
> to Debian packaging.
>
> The java libraries I will package are useful for myself at work where
> I maintain a series of Debian systems where I need them.

>  I won't just
> package them once and run away ;)

Hear, Hear.

> I have an alioth account carandraug-guest.  Could I be added to the
> team please?

I suggest that you start with packaging your libraries and upload them
to Debian Mentors [1] where they can be reviewed by us. Just post your
questions on this list, if you need help. In a final step, when
everything looks ready to upload, we can grant you access to pkg-java.
By the way there is also the Debian Science team that focuses on
packaging bioinformatics apps among others.

Regards,

Markus

[1] https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers