Re: The transition to BND 2.x

Le 16/06/2015 00:16, Emmanuel Bourg a écrit :

> Ok I'll upload it. However I'll copy the bnd repository instead to keep
> the packaging history.

I uploaded the bnd1.50 package, it installs only versioned jar files
(there is no Maven artifact with a 'debian' or '1.x' version, and the
jar files in /usr/share/java are suffixed with the version 1.50.0). The
command line tool is invoked with 'bnd-1.50'.

I noticed an issue with the Git repository of the bnd package, the
upstream version 1.50.0 has been imported on the top of the version
2.1.0. On the upstream branch, the files for the version 2.1.0 come
before the files for the version 1.50.0, and on the master branch the
changes from the experimental 2.1.0 branch have been merged and then
replaced with the changes for bnd/1.50.0-9.

I suggest to clean this by:
1. reverting the master branch before the merge commit of the
experimental branch, and reapplying the changes from bnd/1.50.0-9
2. rebasing the experimental branch and remove the merge commit from the
upstream branch
3. removing the upstream imports on the upstream branch for both versions
4. merging the experimental branch on the master branch

This will leave an empty upstream branch, and a master branch ready for
bnd 2.1.0. The next person working on the package will just have to
reimport the upstream tarball (that may be a more recent version too).

Emmanuel Bourg