Re: The transition to BND 2.x

Le 11/06/2015 14:56, Markus Koschany a écrit :

> I have no strong preference either way. I'm only a little concerned
> about the different kind of workflows. A bnd1 package requires to change
> all broken packages to this new binary package first, then we need to
> fix all other packages and eventually upload all together with the
> latest bnd version. Whereas a bnd2 package allows us to update every
> package one by one as time permits without disrupting any parallel
> occurring transitions.

I agree this makes the transition more difficult, that's the price to
pay to keep sane package names I guess.

> We also need to add a Breaks/Replaces relationship because both packages
> cannot coexist if we want to keep the bnd name for the command-line utility.

I would suggest renaming the old command line tool bnd-1.5 to avoid
conflicts.

> I see those messages too but how do you know they are related to bnd?
> (can't find any hints in the build log).

The exception was triggered by the bndlib class aQute.lib.osgi.Clazz:

https://reproducible.debian.net/rbuild/unstable/amd64/groovy2_2.2.2+dfsg-4.rbuild.log

:groovy:jarjava.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 15
	at aQute.lib.osgi.Clazz.parseClassFile(Clazz.java:448)
	at aQute.lib.osgi.Clazz.parseClassFile(Clazz.java:369)
	at aQute.lib.osgi.Clazz.parseClassFileWithCollector(Clazz.java:359)
	at aQute.lib.osgi.Clazz.parseClassFile(Clazz.java:349)
	at aQute.lib.osgi.Analyzer.analyzeJar(Analyzer.java:1725)
	at aQute.lib.osgi.Analyzer.analyzeBundleClasspath(Analyzer.java:1595)
	at aQute.lib.osgi.Analyzer.analyze(Analyzer.java:124)
	at aQute.lib.osgi.Analyzer.calcManifest(Analyzer.java:301)
	at
org.gradle.api.internal.plugins.osgi.DefaultOsgiManifest.getEffectiveManifest(DefaultOsgiManifest.java:73)
	at
org.gradle.api.internal.plugins.osgi.DefaultOsgiManifest_Decorated.getEffectiveManifest(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.gradle.api.java.archives.internal.DefaultManifest.writeTo(DefaultManifest.java:154)
	at
org.gradle.api.java.archives.internal.DefaultManifest.writeTo(DefaultManifest.java:38)
	at org.gradle.api.java.archives.Manifest$writeTo$0.call(Unknown Source)

Emmanuel Bourg