Re: Stretch Roadmap

hello Miguel,

Miguel Landaeta <nomadium@debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 07:56:56PM +0200, Felix Natter wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> I am using (toplevel build.gradle):
>> repositories {
>>   flatDir name: '/usr/share/java', dir: '/usr/share/java'
>> }
>>
>> and then (<project>/build.gradle):
>>   compile ':swt'
>>   compile ':jcip-annotations-1.0'
>
> That's a valid approach and I have used it in the past. However, it
> would be easier to don't fight gradle and just point it to our Maven
> repo.
>

>> (of course, as you stated, it would be good to get rid of the need to
>> patch all <project>/build.gradle)
>>
>> > Yes, this is what I mean. We need a helper that reuses the existing
>> > helpers since Gradle usage is usually just a layer on top of Maven.
>>
>> I hope that this won't require poms for all dependencies. I.e.,
>> freeplane (which uses gradle in version 1.4) depends on
>> libjlatexmath-java which does not provide a pom.
>
> Please file a bug requesting to add the missing pom in
> libjlatexmath-java.

Unfortunately, there are many dependencies for freeplane, see:
  http://freeplane.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Dependencies_and_Linux_Packaging#Dependencies
(and 1.4 dependencies are not included)

Also, I am not sure wether the freeplane-gradle build system will work
well with this gradle-maven solution, because of the existence of OSGi
plugins (jars are copied to <project>/builds/libs so that packages can
be exported via OSGi), I'll have to check.

Thanks and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter