Re: Stretch Roadmap

Miguel Landaeta <nomadium@debian.org> writes:

hello debian-java,

> On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 05:41:54PM +0200, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
>> Le 24/04/2015 15:19, Miguel Landaeta a écrit :
>>
>> > * Design a helper for gradle (dh_gradle or something).
>> >   IMO, packaging with Gradle right now is a pain but more and more
>> >   upstreams are switching to it.
>>
>> For CDBS #757386 is still pending. The main pain point with Gradle is
>> the manual patching of the dependencies in the build files. I plan to
>> experiment with a custom resolver that reuses the rule files from
>> maven-debian-helper, this will greatly ease the packaging.

I am already packaging flamingo/substance/trident which uses gradle
(using osmosis as a debian/rules template:
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-grass/osmosis.git/tree/debian/rules):

I am using (toplevel build.gradle):
repositories {
  flatDir name: '/usr/share/java', dir: '/usr/share/java'
}

and then (<project>/build.gradle):
  compile ':swt'
  compile ':jcip-annotations-1.0'

(of course, as you stated, it would be good to get rid of the need to
patch all <project>/build.gradle)

> Yes, this is what I mean. We need a helper that reuses the existing
> helpers since Gradle usage is usually just a layer on top of Maven.

I hope that this won't require poms for all dependencies. I.e.,
freeplane (which uses gradle in version 1.4) depends on
libjlatexmath-java which does not provide a pom.

Sorry about my ignorance concerning maven :-/

That said, I'd like to offer my help for this. I know quite a bit about
gradle, as I moved freeplane from ant to gradle (including OSGi
plugins), and we're using gradle at work.

Cheers and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter