Re: Trying to compile a package that depends on bouncycastle

On Tue, 15 Jul 2014 23:20:32 +0100, Adam Spragg wrote:

> Well, thanks for all the help, but now I'm stuck on step the 9th, trying to
> compile SignApk.java. And I think I'm just going to give up.
>
> I'm getting compile errors of the form:
>
>   SignApk.java:20: error: cannot find symbol
>   import org.bouncycastle.asn1.ASN1ObjectIdentifier;

(No java expert here but ...)

This BouncyCastle stuff has changed classnames and whatnot between
1.46 and 1.47 or something:

http://www.bouncycastle.org/wiki/display/JA1/Porting+from+earlier+BC+releases+to+1.47+and+later

To me it looks like your program wants the new stuff, and you've
installed the older versions of bc. -- At least that's where I'd be
looking further :)

Cheers,
gregor

   `-   BOFH excuse #174:  Backbone adjustment