Trying to compile a package that depends on bouncycastle

Hi debian-java

Following Matthew Garrett's recent post about self-signing Android ROMs[0],
I'm stuck on step the Sixth.

I've got the DumpPublicKey.java file, and am trying to compile it. I installed
openjdk-7-jdk, and then based on the next set of errors I received, eventually
found the bouncycastle[1] binary packages and installed libbcprov-java,
libbcpg-java, libbcmail-java, and libbctsp-java. (This is on "stable")

However, I still get the following error:

adam$ javac DumpPublicKey.java
DumpPublicKey.java:19: error: package org.bouncycastle.jce.provider does not
exist
import org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider;
                                    ^
DumpPublicKey.java:236: error: cannot find symbol
        Security.addProvider(new BouncyCastleProvider());
                                 ^
  symbol:   class BouncyCastleProvider
  location: class DumpPublicKey
2 errors

Now I'm a bit stuck. What else do I need to do to get
org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider to be found/recognised?

Note, I'm a competent C, C++ and Javascript developer, but have no background
in Java development/tools/culture. So, while I'm generally technical, I'm
basically lost here.

I had a look at the Debian Java wiki front page[2] and the Debian Java FAQ[3]
contents, but nothing appeared very relevant to my actual problem. (Apart from
FAQ 1.5, which is why I'm mailing this list, rather than debian-java-
maintainers who own the bouncycastle package.) However, if there's some other
FAQ or tutorial which will help, then simply pointing me in that direction
should be more than sufficient.

Regards,

Adam

[0] http://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/31765.html