Re: RFS: libcommons-compress-java/1.5-1

On 03/26/2013 06:44 AM, Jakub Adam wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> On Tue, 26 Mar 2013, 12:57:32 CET, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org
> <mailto:ebourg@apache.org>> wrote:
>> I've read the mail, but I was under the impression that this wasn't a
>> definitive no to bnd in core Ubuntu components. Does this mean we should
>> remove bnd from all packages?
>
> No, only from packages that are part of Ubuntu master or core system
> repository - commons compress is such a case. Packages from universe are
> fine to depend on bnd. How to check whether package is in Ubuntu master
> was described by James.
>
> I don't think including bnd and all its dependencies into core is a top
> priority at Ubuntu so I would rather use static manifests inside the few
> affected packages than to slow down our own progress of uploads waiting
> for Ubuntu's decision.

Ah, thanks for pointing that out - I wasn't clear on the distinction.

So, the package is pretty much ready to go.  To answer Emmanuel's
question about changelog entries, yes, I was planning on merging 1.4-3
into 1.5-1 before the upload.  The only outstanding question is whether
the package should go into experimental or unstable.  For the
time-being, I tend to think that experimental is the right choice for a
new upstream version.  We can re-upload to unstable as soon as we know
that wheezy is out the door.

Thank you,
tony