Re: RFS: libcommons-compress-java/1.5-1

On 03/22/2013 08:49 AM, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is my first RFS for a simple upgrade of Apache Commons Compress. If
> it goes well there is more to follow soon :)
>
> Emmanuel Bourg
>
> ---
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libcommons-compress-java"
>
>  * Package name    : libcommons-compress-java
>    Version         : 1.5-1
>    Section         : java

Hello Emmanuel,

I have reviewed the update and the packaging looks good.  The reason I
haven't uploaded it already is that there is a packaging update in the
unreleased 1.4-3 version that depends on bnd.  The Ubuntu team has
recently requested that we avoid using, at least for a while - see the
thread here [1].  Jakub, would it be okay for us to temporarily remove
the build-dep on bnd and add the OSGi by hand?

The other question I have is whether we're close enough to the release
to go ahead and target unstable with the upload.  It might be better to
upload to experimental for the time-being.  If anyone has strong
opinions either way, I'd be interested to hear them.

Cheers,
tony

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-java/2013/02/msg00057.html