Re: RFS: libcommons-compress-java/1.5-1

Hi Emmanuel,

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013, 09:35:55 CET, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
> I don't mind holding the release until Ubuntu integrates bnd. Do we have
> any idea how long it would take?

Ubuntu has bnd package, but they don't want to have it in 'core system' which libcommons-compress-java and its build dependencies are part of. Bnd would bring also dependency on maven and myriads of other libraries they want to avoid - read James' post Tony linked in his last mail.

> I have a question regarding the unreleased 1.4-3, should I merge its
> changelog items with 1.5-1 and remove 1.4-3 since it never reached the
> Debian archive?
Yes please, merge the entries into 1.5-1 but keep their authors separated like e.g. 1.4.1-2 has. Also you can have a look at dch tool from devscripts package that might help you with managing and formatting of the changelog entries.

Regards,

Jakub