Re: RFS: libcommons-compress-java/1.5-1

Hi Tony,

Thank you very much for the review

Le 26/03/2013 06:25, tony mancill a écrit :

> I have reviewed the update and the packaging looks good.  The reason I
> haven't uploaded it already is that there is a packaging update in the
> unreleased 1.4-3 version that depends on bnd.  The Ubuntu team has
> recently requested that we avoid using, at least for a while - see the
> thread here [1].  Jakub, would it be okay for us to temporarily remove
> the build-dep on bnd and add the OSGi by hand?

I don't mind holding the release until Ubuntu integrates bnd. Do we have
any idea how long it would take?

I have a question regarding the unreleased 1.4-3, should I merge its
changelog items with 1.5-1 and remove 1.4-3 since it never reached the
Debian archive?

> The other question I have is whether we're close enough to the release
> to go ahead and target unstable with the upload.  It might be better to
> upload to experimental for the time-being.  If anyone has strong
> opinions either way, I'd be interested to hear them.

I don't understand well enough the release workflow to have a judgment
on that. I would just say that the compatibility checking bar is very
high at Apache Commons, so the risk associated with this upload is very
limited.

Emmanuel Bourg