Re: RFS: eclipse-mylyn (2nd try)

Hi Niels,

I noticed some files licensed under Apache 2 (and possible also 1).  See
the "license" attachment.

From your listing only CommonsHttpSender.java and XML11Char.java are actual
code under Apache license. I added them to a separate section in d/copyright
with their correct license.

Also, the number of matches drastically
increase if you remove the last "grep \.java", but I think most of those
matches are just listing of licenses.

I went through the list and it's as you say - license agreement texts and
plenty of lists of possible licenses that may appear.

   I had a look in one of them[1] and it suggests that besides EPL-1,
Apache 1 and 2, we may find "Common Public License Version 1.0", "Metro
Link Public License 1.00" and "Mozilla Public License Version 1.1" in
the source.  Of course, it could be the result of copy-waste from core
eclipse bundles (as eclipse itself contains some of those licenses).

I searched for all of the mentioned licenses but found no occurrence of
any other than EPL and Apache-2.0. Surely that list was copied from other
project.

Besides those licensed in "license", I also noticed a file called
"junit.jar" (in one of the test bundles).  I suspect it is an embedded
copy of junit4, but it has a BSD license file refering to "hamcrest.org" ...

I could recommend using "suspicious-source" for finding questionable
file types in the source package.  Though for eclipse-mylyn, its result
apparently consists of 70% "empty files"[2].>.>
   Nevertheless, eclipse upstreams tends to embed one or more 3rd party
Java library jar files (sometimes cleverly disguised as .zip files).
Othertimes they just use them to store various xml files...

To the files in question:

 * ./org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks/org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.tests/testdata/*.zip
   these are zip archives containing test data in xml. I think they can be
   left alone.

 * ./org.eclipse.mylyn.builds/.../org.eclipse.mylyn.builds.sample.ant/junit.jar
   binary junit4 jar, I will remove this.

 * ./org.eclipse.mylyn.commons/org.eclipse.mylyn.discovery.tests/testdata/update/.../*.jar
   These jars are in fact zip archives with xml files. As they don't contain any
   binaries which would have to be recompiled from source, I'd like to keep them
   in place.

 * ./org.eclipse.mylyn.context/org.eclipse.mylyn.context.tests/testdata/projects/project*.zip
   Two zipped eclipse projects used as test data. They contain both dummy java sources and their
   compiled *.class files. Should I remove the binaries or can I keep the archives intact as the
   source codes are available?

 (I will wait for your feedback before changing the upstream tarball.)

Given that eclipse-mylyn appears to have migrated to git[3], I suspect
that debian/get-orig-source is broken.

Updated the script to download files from new location.

During build, I noticed two "Java Model Exception: Java Model Status
[org.eclipse.mylyn.builds.core does not exist]" exceptions (with
stack-traces).  It might be a non-issue, but I wanted to make sure you
were aware of it.

I know about the exceptions, but I checked the generated code and it seems to be correct, also
the compiled plugin works as expected.

Regards

Jakub