Re: RFS: eclipse-mylyn (2nd try)

Hi Niels,

I cannot build it, it fails at:

"""
# Regenerate org.eclipse.mylyn.builds.core code from model
eclipse -application org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner                      \
                 -buildfile debian/ecoreToJava.xml
          \
                 -data debian/.eclipse-build
          \

-Dosgi.sharedConfiguration.area=debian/.eclipse-build/build/home \
                 -consoleLog -noSplash
<Tons of gdk errors>
Segmentation fault
"""

I suspect the issue was that X11 was not running/available in my chroot.
  Maybe even just that $HOME existed but was not writable.  Come to think
of it, you are probably missing a -Duser.home=<somewhere>  as well.
Eclipse has been notoriously poor at staying out of $HOME in our
automated builds.

I tried many times but I couldn't reproduce your crash. Can you please describe in
more detail the way how you build the package? This is what I did:

- got Debian testing in virtual machine so that it is independent of my normal
  environment, dist-upgraded to latest version
- removed X11 so that it is not running nor installed on the machine
- installed pbuilder, initialized base unstable tarball with

   pbuilder --create --distribution sid

- cloned eclipse-mylyn from git.debian.org
- created .orig tarball from latest upstream/* tag
- run

   pdebuild --

  (user entry in /etc/sudoers required)
- standard procedure of build-dependencies download into chroot and compilation succeeds

I even tried to run (as a regular user)

  HOME=/root dpkg-buildpackage

and add -Duser.home=/root to antRunner invocation in d/rules to make it crash because
of inaccessible home location, but with no success.

What am I doing wrong that it doesn't crash? :)

Regards

Jakub