Re: RFS: eclipse-mylyn (2nd try)

On 2012-02-13 20:13, Jakub Adam wrote:
> Hi Niels,
>
>> [...]
>
> thanks for the instructions, I finally reproduced the crash and pointed
> -configuration
> to some writable location. Current version should be buildable in your
> chroot now.
>
> Cheers
>
> Jakub

Hi,

Thanks for working on this.  Indeed, I can build it now.  :)

I noticed some files licensed under Apache 2 (and possible also 1).  See
the "license" attachment.  Also, the number of matches drastically
increase if you remove the last "grep \.java", but I think most of those
matches are just listing of licenses.
  I had a look in one of them[1] and it suggests that besides EPL-1,
Apache 1 and 2, we may find "Common Public License Version 1.0", "Metro
Link Public License 1.00" and "Mozilla Public License Version 1.1" in
the source.  Of course, it could be the result of copy-waste from core
eclipse bundles (as eclipse itself contains some of those licenses).

Besides those licensed in "license", I also noticed a file called
"junit.jar" (in one of the test bundles).  I suspect it is an embedded
copy of junit4, but it has a BSD license file refering to "hamcrest.org" ...

I could recommend using "suspicious-source" for finding questionable
file types in the source package.  Though for eclipse-mylyn, its result
apparently consists of 70% "empty files"[2].  >.>
  Nevertheless, eclipse upstreams tends to embed one or more 3rd party
Java library jar files (sometimes cleverly disguised as .zip files).
Othertimes they just use them to store various xml files...

Given that eclipse-mylyn appears to have migrated to git[3], I suspect
that debian/get-orig-source is broken.

During build, I noticed two "Java Model Exception: Java Model Status
[org.eclipse.mylyn.builds.core does not exist]" exceptions (with
stack-traces).  It might be a non-issue, but I wanted to make sure you
were aware of it.

Other than that, I guess that it is.

~Niels

[1]
org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks/org.eclipse.mylyn.bugzilla-feature/feature.properties

[2] In case anyone was wondering, I suspect most of them are there to
keep otherwise empty directories tracked in git.  Not sure why they have
empty "README.txt" files though.  Already filed a bug for it.

[3] http://git.eclipse.org/c/mylyn/

$ grep -r 'Apache' org.eclipse.mylyn* | grep -i 'license' | grep \.java
org.eclipse.mylyn.commons/org.eclipse.mylyn.commons.soap/src/org/eclipse/mylyn/internal/provisional/commons/soap/CommonsHttpSender.java: * Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
org.eclipse.mylyn.context/org.eclipse.mylyn.java-feature/feature.properties:       - Apache Software License 1.1 (available at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE)\n\
org.eclipse.mylyn.context/org.eclipse.mylyn.java-feature/feature.properties:       - Apache Software License 2.0 (available at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)\n\
org.eclipse.mylyn.docs/org.eclipse.mylyn.wikitext.core/src/org/eclipse/mylyn/internal/wikitext/core/util/XML11Char.java: * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
org.eclipse.mylyn.docs/org.eclipse.mylyn.wikitext.core/src/org/eclipse/mylyn/internal/wikitext/core/util/XML11Char.java: * The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0