Re: package Apache James for Debian

2011/8/26 D Dave <ddave1403@gmail.com>:
> Hello All,
> Today I tried to build the apache jsieve using the following command but
> failing for the following dependencies. I am quite new to debian packaging
> and wanted to know what can be done here or any helpful links, advice etc.
>
> $mh_make
> --from-svn=http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/jsieve/tags/jsieve-project-0.4/
> -v
>

> The final error after execution of the command is

> Aug 26, 2011 6:16:32 PM
> org.debian.maven.packager.DependenciesSolver$ToResolve resolve
> SEVERE: Cannot resolve dependencies on ./assemble/pom.xml
> java.lang.ClassCastException
> [ERROR] Cannot find parent dependency
> org.apache.james:jsieve-project:pom:0.4, use --no-parent option to resolve
> this issue or install the parent POM in the Maven repository
> [ERROR] Cannot find parent dependency
> org.apache.james:jsieve-project:pom:0.4, use --no-parent option to resolve
> this issue or install the parent POM in the Maven repository
> [ERROR] Cannot find parent dependency
> org.apache.james:jsieve-project:pom:0.4, use --no-parent option to resolve
> this issue or install the parent POM in the Maven repository
> [ERROR] Cannot find parent dependency
> org.apache.james:jsieve-project:pom:0.4, use --no-parent option to resolve
> this issue or install the parent POM in the Maven repository
> ERROR:
> main/pom.xml: Dependency is not packaged in the Maven repository for Debian:
> javax.mail:mail:1.4
> main/pom.xml: Plugin is not packaged in the Maven repository for Debian:
> org.codehaus.mojo:javacc-maven-plugin:2.5
> mailet/pom.xml: Dependency is not packaged in the Maven repository for
> Debian: org.apache.james:apache-mailet:2.4
> mailet/pom.xml: Plugin is not packaged in the Maven repository for Debian:
> org.codehaus.mojo:rat-maven-plugin:1.0-alpha-3
> mailet/pom.xml: Plugin is not packaged in the Maven repository for Debian:
> org.apache.james:maven-mailetdocs-plugin:0.1
> util/pom.xml: Dependency is not packaged in the Maven repository for Debian:
> javax.mail:mail:1.4
> util/pom.xml: Plugin is not packaged in the Maven repository for Debian:
> org.codehaus.mojo:rat-maven-plugin:1.0-alpha-3
> assemble/pom.xml: Dependency is not packaged in the Maven repository for
> Debian: org.apache.james:apache-mailet:2.4
>

> Thanks&  Regards
> Devendra Dave

Great Dave,

Some of the error may be because the pom.xml file in the project is
incomplete, and depends on the pom from the parent project. This
happens if the project is built asa amain project with modules. The
pom from each module may reference the parent pom. In order to build
correctly you may need to download the whole project and build the
module. Maven will know what to do in that case. I don't know how to
do this with Debian tools.

--
Ioan Eugen Stan
http://ieugen.blogspot.com/