FreeMind and gcj [Re: Help needed on the Java policy]

Hi Andrew,

Andrew Haley wrote:
I guess it depends on whether the program fails because a particular
runtime has bugs or because the program depends on something it shouldn't
use, such as com.sun.* classes.  We're pretty complete with respect to 1.4,
so I'd like to know what this problem actually is.
Well, I suspect that the classpath team and associated do concentrate their effort on the non-AWT/Swing classes because Apache/Server-classes and Eclipse don't use them.

In short, FreeMind 0.7.1 (the one in unstable) starts very well with the latest gcj, doesn't spit any error, but is completely unusable (and ugly).

I can log a bug along these lines if you want but someone will have to dig into it, because, without error message, I don't know where to start.

Eric

Andrew.