Re: Help needed on the Java policy

Hi everybody,

thanks for your answers, it looks like we don't have yet a consensus. Let me try to suggest one.

POINT 1:

I would suggest to modify the Java Policy along these lines:
- the specific java runtimes listed before java(2)-runtime are the ones tested by the packager, and for which he's ready to stand up and make it work (the supported runtimes). - if a bug report is related to another java runtime and the bug can't be reproduced under the "supported" runtimes, the maintainer may reassign the bug report to the "faulty" runtime package.

If there is a consensus on this one, I'll file a patch on java-common.

POINT 2:

I will duplicate the bug I got on FreeMind in 4 and forward them as follows:

1. to sun-java5-jre and sun-java6-jre because they miss the X-library dependencies, it can't be that my package has to depend on those in order to work (how should I know which ones are required?). 2. to gij because it provides java2-runtime but doesn't provide the AWT library. 3. to gij again because, even after installation of libgcj9-0-awt, FreeMind doesn't work properly with it.

OK?

Thanks, Eric