Re: maven2 for Debian

Quoting Michael Koch <konqueror@gmx.de>:

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 04:27:04PM +0100, Marcus Better wrote:
Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
> I was not talking of the dependencies version problem for debian but
> for someone using maven in debian with a debian repository ;-)

I don't see the need for a special Debian-Maven repository.

Me neither.

I agree. I talked to Jazon van Zyl (Maven founder) recently at a java user group meeting and he told me that they do not really control the repository either. It is pretty much free for anybody to put stuff up there. Which explains the quality of some of the artifacts up there with broken poms and so on. Trying to control it initially proofed to be too much work. If the upstream projects does not control it I would suggest that Debian packaging not waste the time either.

manfred