Re: Location of API docs

Matthias Klose wrote:
>> How come? I thought we put api docs in the -doc package, if there is
>> one.

> exactly, but into the /usr/share/doc/$package/api directory, not into
> the /usr/share/doc/$package-doc/api directory.

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. I've been doing it the other way around. But it
seems I'm not the only one, I have for example:
  /usr/share/doc/ant-doc/javadocs
  /usr/share/doc/classpath-doc/api
  /usr/share/doc/libdom4j-java-doc/apidocs
  /usr/share/doc/libxalan2-java-doc/api

Is it really better to put the docs in /usr/share/doc/$package? Note that
${package-doc} should not depend on $package, and installing only the -doc
package would still create both directories under /usr/share/doc.

Guess we should decide on some policy and start filing wishlist bugs.

Marcus