Re: Location of API docs

Paul Cager writes:
> I am updating the BCEL library to the new upstream version. The old
> version installed the Javadocs into:
>
>   /usr/share/doc/$package/doc/api
>
> Daniel Baumann queried this last night on IRC, and it seems that other
> (newer) packages (e.g. libxalan2-java-doc) install into
>
>   /usr/share/doc/$package/api
>
> which seems more sensible to me. Should I change it to
> /usr/share/doc/$package/api? I assume I should also create a doc-base.
>
> Any comments?

where $package is the name of the library package, not the name of the
doc package (if there exists an extra -doc package).

The idea was to make the -doc packages depend on other -doc packages
so that references to other packages can be resolved; unfortunately
gjdoc doesn't support that yet.

  Matthias